Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 25, 2011

Rachel's birthday cupcakes

Okay, well, I wasn't going to admit this to Rachel, but since she found it on her own, I will come clean. I knew Rachel loves peanut butter-chocolate cupcakes so I decided to make some for her birthday. And when I saw this Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Fine kit at Key Foods, I had to buy it and try it!


Rachel's Birthday Cupcakes





Rachel's Birthday Cupcakes




Back of box:

Rachel's Birthday Cupcakes




The cupcakes required a lot of ingredients for the frosting and the mix, but they came out very well.






In the pan:

Rachel's Birthday Cupcakes






Cooling in their sweet paper cups:

Rachel's Birthday Cupcakes







And with my horrible attempt at piping tough peanut butter frosting:


Rachel's Birthday Cupcakes






I topped each one with a fey banana chip hat.




They were a big hit at Rachel's birthday party, and I thought they tasted very chocolate-y and densely rich with peanut butter frosting flavor. The banana chip made it though.



Note: I found this mix at my local Key Foods about bought it for $6.75. Local pricing may vary.