Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 28, 2011

"Chocolate Malt" cupcakes from The Culinary Chronicles

Blogger The Culinary Chronicles does it again with these "Chocolate Malt" cupcakes (via Flickr). Visit her blog to get the recipe. She writes:

Thus was my inspiration to give these “Chocolate Malt” cuppies a try. I turned to Martha Stewart’s recipe and was happy to find that my sister had a jar of Horlicks Malt Powder on hand. I did make two minor tweaks to her recipe as I read that folks found that the cake didn’t have enough malt flavor. As a result, I increased the malt powder amount by an additional 1/4 cup and folded in a 1/2 cup of chocolate covered malt balls into the batter. As for the recipe, it was quite easy to follow–pretty much a one bowl situation. And when I pulled the cuppies out of the oven, I was pleased to see beautiful even domes on the tops.







Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site