Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 7, 2011

Blast from the past



What's the saying? "Imitation is the sincerest of flattery" by Charles Caleb Colton
Just yesterday I was walking down Amsterdam Avenue and I was stopped dead in my tracks by a wedding cake magazine I saw in the window. I felt like I was dreaming. I was looking at my design on a cake, yet I hadn't made the cake. Yet, the design, piped in Royal Icing and using the brush embroidery technique, was what I had piped with my own two hands, but I didn't. You know what I mean.


It was my pattern but to be honest it was executed much better, much cleaner then I had! So I went inside the store to see who did it but alas it didn't say on first glance but I took a photo so you can see. The magazine looks to be from Australia which is such a coincidence. I have at least three classes this year with students flying in from Australia.

My Original Design

I looked up the original version that was featured in Modern Bride Magazine (R.I.P.) in 2003! The cake isn't even on our website anymore (besides the press section).

Well, I'm flattered.